Job hunting is a science. If you are successful in grabbing the formula then it will be easy to standout in the market and more fair chances to get a job. Your resume is only chance to grab the attention of potential employer. A well-crafted resume is the right tool to capture your employer’s attention. The main objective of your resume is to make you look like perfect fit for the role. Your resume should build the important steps between you and applied job. Here are some important skills that will make your resume stronger.
What are the challenges in freshers resume making?
In very less time every student is brazen out with the exit gates of Institution/College to the industry and it all begins with preparation of a resume for Freshers World. Let’s go through the below points which can help out fresher student in preparing a good resume.
The main challenge student’s face does not know which format to go after and present. There are so many resume formats out there when you Google for resume format, it gets puzzling as to which one demands more to recruiters and interviewers.A simple reply is selecting the format that looks fresh and spaced and appeal to the eye.
How to Conquer these resume Challenges?
Always try to choose a core skill path and project your skills around that track with the Online Tutorials you have done, with the application of what you have learnt and any other contributions in this area.Second, try and take part in as many activities as you can during your college. Third, always focus on applying what you have learnt through personal projects and internships outside and do not just focus on learning and excelling in the exams. You can search for interview question sites to crack your interviews in a single attempt.
How to revive your resume at basic, intermediate and advance levels?
In this digital world your resume is your face which introduces to recruiters. Your resume should make first impression when you have applied for jobs. The basic challenge with your resume is that it should not tell a story that what you want to be and it should tell that whom you want to be. Following are some of the basic points to remember while writing a resume:
- Begin with a job objective followed by a profile summary
- Be short and organized, don’t exceed more than 1-2 pages
- Include social profile with professional details
At intermediate level you need to ignore some silly mistakes to build upon the basic level:
- The education details should start from the latest moving down the ladder. It’s not mandatory to mention details of tenth and twelfth class
- Cover letters are used as an application letter while are applying for any job. It is a formal way to introduce yourself to the recruiter
- Include SEO keywords in the resume as before the resume is shortlisted by the recruiters, it undergoes a screening through the Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
Following tips may helpful at advance level:
- Format your resume according to the industry you are working in
- Prefer infographic CV over PDF and videos
- Prepare a customized resume as per the job descriptions provided by each recruiter
Wisdom jobs is anonline searchsites in India that helps job seekers to search and apply for the latest job opportunities posted across top industries and locations. Being best job portals in India it provides huge job search opportunities relevant to your profile in no time. Register with Wisdom Jobs Gulf to get access the latestjobs posted by top recruiters.